Network Traffic Analysis Tools
I attempted to install and configure on archlinux below without success. I could get the webinterface working but as far as the software accepting uploads through the interface nothing. I could manually add packet captures.
- Configure php from the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP#PHP
sudo nano /etc/php/php.ini
- Enable Also:
- Configure httpd
sudo nano -w /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- Add this to the end:
- Restart/Start apache
sudo systemctl start httpd
sudo systemctl restart httpd
- Navigate to 127.0.0.1:9876
- default admin user/pass: admin/xplico
- default norm user/pass: xplico/xplico
- Test php config:
you are using newer php version. in php 5.4, E_STRICT is part of E_ALL
in cake 1.3, open file /cake/bootstrap.php and change the error_reporting like this
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);
- a2enmod not installed?
- Need to link these instructions: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xplico/
I can get the software to start, load the webinterface, it seems like everything is running but I cannot get it to accept uploaded pcap files. It seems if you use the command line utilities and import the data it seems to work fine.
For starting Xplico, please choose one of these options as root:
- a) If you are using the Ubuntu/Debian package, run: "/etc/init.d/xplico start"
- b) Run: "/opt/xplico/script/sqlite_demo.sh"
- Split pcap files:
editcap packetcapture.cap split.pcap -c 100000 split ?